How do you know when it’s time to consider home care assistance?
The decision to arrange for home care services is not always easy – some families are wary about welcoming a stranger into their home, some seniors are hesitant to accept help thinking that they may lose their independence and privacy, while others are more than happy to accept help.
If you are still undecided whether or not home care is right for you and your family, MetroCare Hawaii – PLUS encourages you to take this Care Needs Assessment Survey.
Care Needs Assessment Survey
Do you have an aging spouse, parent, other relative or friend who needs help with:
- Dressing and undressing?
- Driving or using public transportation?
- Shopping for groceries and clothing?
- Preparing healthy, regular meals?
- Taking a bath or shower?
- Getting in and out of bed?
- Having social interaction and companionship?
- Using the bathroom?
- Doing laundry or light housekeeping?
- Remaining active and interested in life and hobbies?
- Walking, climbing stairs, and getting around the house easily?
- Remembering to take medications?
- Practicing prescribed physical therapy exercises?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, home care may be the right option for you. Home care doesn’t just help seniors, people with disabilities, and individuals dealing with chronic illness; it brings respite and peace of mind to family members too.
Talk to Us
If you have any more questions or would like to discuss how we can help in your unique situation, call us at 808-747-7442.